I visited one of my Spanish friends recently and we had table top grilled food at her house which she prepared. It was amazing to see how quickly she assembled the food. Have you seen anyone slicing aubergine, chillies, mushrooms, zuchunni, onions, garlic etc without a chopping board? It was eye boggling when every piece was about the same thickness.
The simple condiment I helped to prepare according to her instruction was
1. A bunch of flat parsley leaves (only the leaves), washed and patted dry
2. Five cloves of garlic, sliced
3. Some salt
4. Four tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1. Place parsley leaves, garlic and salt in a mortar and pound till just fine.
2. Add oil to infuse everything together.
Spread some on cooked/grilled food.
Delicious with vegetables, seafood and meat.
It's so simple and yet so versatile. No other seasoning is needed.
Note: Adjust the amount of parsley, garlic, salt and oil according to your taste. Substitute flat leave parsley for coriander if in stock.
Tere is simply a beautiful person, inside out. A blessing to know her as a true friend too. Gracias, especial amiga.
Parsley, Garlic and EVO Mix