Tuesday, 9 September 2008
Four pork chops, preferably with some fat. Wash and pat dry.
1. Lemon zest from half a lemon
2. Two tablespoons light soya sauce
3. One teaspoon honey
4. One teaspoon chilli flakes (or more depending on taste)
5. One teaspoon rice wine vinegar
6. One teaspoon corn flour or potato flour
7. One tablespoon garlic oil
8. One teaspoon garlic powder
1. Marinate pork chops with Ingredients 'B' overnight.
2. Bring pork chops to room temperature before cooking.
3. Heat a pan and when it is hot, add a tablespoon of oil, twirl oil around pan, lower heat to medium.
4. Spread pork chops out in the pan, cook for about a minute. Flip over and cook for about another minute or so depending on thickness of the cut.
5. Remove pan from stove and let pork chops rest for about two minutes before serving hot.
Note: Pork chops are cooked in medium heat due to chillies used in the marinate. If using high heat, it will burn the chops. Increase cooking time for thicker chops.
Grill if preferred