Tuesday, 26 August 2008
More patties were made on a different day.
This side dish is very versatile and a great accompanied to many main dishes. It's also tempting on its own.
To vary recipe, coat patties in whisked egg white or with bread crumbs. Delicious with added minced pork or beef into the patties too.
If using cheese, skip caramelized onions. Improvise the ingredients according to your taste.
1. One medium sized potato, peeled and sliced
2. One small clove garlic, sliced (optional)
3. One teaspoon of chicken stock
4. Enough cold water to cover potato slices
1. Half teaspoon caramelised onion
2. Pinch of chilli flakes
3. One shallot roughly sliced
4. Half stalk of spring onions, thinly sliced
5. One teaspoon of potato/corn flour
6. Dash of white pepper
7. Pinch of salt
1. Bring A to a boil, lower heat to medium till potato slices are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and mash.
2. Add Ingredients B, mix well and shape however you like. Sprinkle potato/corn flour lightly on cutlets before placing in a fridge for a minimum of half an hour.
3. In a non stick pan, medium heat, add one tablespoon of oil, add cutlet, and turn over carefully when golden.
Note: Include fresh coriander and freshly sliced red chillies if available before forming patties.
Use white part of spring onion too if making more than one. I have opted just for the green part as I was making a piece.