Tuesday, 10 June 2008
It's difficult to buy oats in Spain thus I was very happy to see it served for breakfast by our host/hostess in Scotland.
It's amazing to learn new ingredients introduced to serve the humble oats.
Couldn't resist and bought some back with me from Scotland.
Am replicating here and it's a bowl of goodness.
Serve with fresh/dried fruits and nuts of your choice.
Can you guess what is the cold beverage poured over the bowl of oats?
They are inexpensive and packed with health giving omega-3 oils.
Prep : 10 minutes
Cook: 2 minutes
Ingredients and dressing for fish
1. Zest and juice of a quarter lemon
2. 4 tbsp olive oil
3. Sea salt
4. Few sprigs of coriander, finely chopped
5. Small clove of minced garlic
Mix well, taste for seasoning and set aside to dress fish later.
6. Six pieces filleted sardines or whole (Remove scales and gut fish if whole)
7. Pat dry and season with freshly ground white pepper.
8. Sprinkle sea salt only just when you are about to pan fry. To barbecue or in a griddle pan, season fish with rock salt, this will prevent them from sticking to pan or grill.
9. I pan fried the filleted sardines with a bit of oil in a smoking pan. Skin side first for about one minute. Flip fish over and continue to cook for one minute. Remove pan from stove but leave fish in pan to keep hot. Fish will still continue to cook. Do not overcook the fish. If using whole fish, cooking time will be longer.
10. Pour dressing over fish and serve with salad of your choice