Tuesday, 10 June 2008
They are inexpensive and packed with health giving omega-3 oils.
Prep : 10 minutes
Cook: 2 minutes
Ingredients and dressing for fish
1. Zest and juice of a quarter lemon
2. 4 tbsp olive oil
3. Sea salt
4. Few sprigs of coriander, finely chopped
5. Small clove of minced garlic
Mix well, taste for seasoning and set aside to dress fish later.
6. Six pieces filleted sardines or whole (Remove scales and gut fish if whole)
7. Pat dry and season with freshly ground white pepper.
8. Sprinkle sea salt only just when you are about to pan fry. To barbecue or in a griddle pan, season fish with rock salt, this will prevent them from sticking to pan or grill.
9. I pan fried the filleted sardines with a bit of oil in a smoking pan. Skin side first for about one minute. Flip fish over and continue to cook for one minute. Remove pan from stove but leave fish in pan to keep hot. Fish will still continue to cook. Do not overcook the fish. If using whole fish, cooking time will be longer.
10. Pour dressing over fish and serve with salad of your choice