This potato salad is delicious served with grilled meat.
1. Five medium sized potatoes. Place in cold water, add salt, bring to the boil; then cook on medium heat for between 25 to 30 minutes or till it's tender. Drain, set aside to cool slightly, peel skin and slice to desired shapes and thickness.
2. One young celery stalk including leaves finely sliced
3. Small bunch of fresh coriander, finely sliced
4. One Spanish onion – finely sliced
5. Half bottle or canned mixed mushrooms – drain oil, rinse and pat dry
6. ¼ cup of raw broccoli florets (optional)
7. Fresh mint (optional)
1. Three tablespoons of coarse grain mustard
2. Five tablespoons EVO
3. Juice from one medium sized lemon
4. Pinch of salt
5. Dash of freshly ground mixed pepper
6. One teaspoon clear honey or castor sugar
7. Chilli flakes (optional)
1. Mix dressing well, taste and adjust seasoning.
2. Add all ingredients, toss lightly with hands.
3. If using fresh mint, scatter on top of potato, drizzle extra EVO before serving at room temperature.
1. Add potatoes to salad dressing whilst they are still warm to absorb the flavour better.
2. Can prepare overnight. Drizzle with extra EVO, toss lightly before serving at room temperature.