“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” Judy Garland
Isn't this true and how beautifully said?. HB
Friday, 4 July 2008
1. One medium sized whole fish, scaled, gutted and patted dry.
2. One dried mushroom. Soak for a minimum of twenty minutes in hot water. Strain and reserve water. Slice mushroom
3. Thumb of ginger, sliced
4. One carrot, cut into thin strips.
5. Bunch of flat spring onions/parsley or coriander including stalks. Slice bunch in half
6. Few slices of Spanish onion or any onions you have in stock
7. Half a lemon, sliced thinly
8. Pinch of salt
9. Dash of white pepper
1. Preheat oven on maximum.
2. Stack loosely a bunch of spring onion/ flat parsley or coriander at bottom of baking dish.
3. Season fish with salt. Stuff some dried mushrooms, ginger and carrots loosely in fish's stomach and place on top of spring onions/parsley/coriander.
4. Spread rest of vegetables around fish but top fish with tomatoes and lemon slices.
5. Pour quarter cup of water from dried mushroom with a pinch of salt and splash around fish and vegetables.
6. Sprinkle some white pepper on top of fish and drizzle EVO on lemon and tomatoes.
7. Wrap dish loosely with aluminium foil and bake in a hot oven for about twenty minutes.
8. Remove foil and bake for another five minutes.
9. Drizzle extra EVO on fish before serving hot.
1. Cooking time differs due to different oven temperatures.
2. The fish goes very well with the slightly caramelized lemon slices and is delicious with rest of ingredients.
3. Season fish with sea salt ONLY when you are able to place in baking dish to prevent fish from dehydrating.
4. Looks complicated but is so easy and healthy.