1. Three medium sized potatoes, place in cold water, add salt, bring to the boil; simmer till tender for between 15 to 20 minutes or till it’s tender.
Drain, set aside to cool slightly, peel skin and slice to desired thickness.
2. ⅓ cup frozen peas, cook from frozen, bring water to boil, add peas, simmer for about three minutes, drain, rinse under cold water, pat dry and set aside.
3. ⅓ cup red pepper – diced
4. Two young celery stalk including leaves, finely sliced
5. Few stalk of coriander – roughly sliced
6. ⅓ Spanish onion - diced
7. Bottled or canned mixed mushrooms in sunflower oil
8. Fresh mint, torn
1. Two tablespoon EVO
2. One tablespoon onion oil
3. Pinch of salt
4. Dash of freshly ground mixed pepper
5. 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or juice from medium size lemon or white wine vinegar or white vinegar, tarragon vinegar
6. One teaspoon honey or castor sugar
7. Chilli flakes (optional)
8. One tablespoon caramelised onion
1. Mix dressing well, taste and adjust seasoning.
2. Add all ingredients, toss lightly.
3. Scoop three tablespoon of mushroom from bottle, pat dry and mix to salad. Toss gently and serve at room temperature. Scatter some fresh mint on top of salad before serving.
1. Add potatoes to salad dressing whilst they are still warm to absorb the flavour better.
2. Mix and match any vegetables you have in stock.
3. For caramelised onions, slice Spanish onion finely, heat up a pot, add oil, when oil is smoking, add onion slices. Stir occasionally till onion is golden brown.