Thursday, 12 June 2008
Tomatoes with Walnut
Prep: Ten minutes
1. Two ripe plump vine tomatoes. Slice in half, squeeze out pulp then slice coarsely.
2. Generous pinch of sea salt
3. Dash of white pepper
4. 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5. Juice of quarter of a lemon
Mix well and set aside.
Before serving at room temperature, add the following herbs and nuts, or any that you prefer.
1. Some fresh basil, mint, roughly torn
2. 6 walnut pieces, broken up into smaller pieces
Note: Mint gives this salad a refreshing taste. I used chocolate mint.