Monday, 7 July 2008
Mixed Beans Salad
We love beans and this salad takes no time to prepare at all as no cooking time is required.
1. One small jar of chick peas – drained well
2. One small jar of butter beans – drained well
3. Four pieces of white asparagus (optional) canned or from a jar
4. One small red chilli, seeds removed and diced, or chilli flakes
5. One clove or more grated garlic or finely minced
6. Three tbsp EVO oil or oil of your choice
7. One tbsp red wine vinegar, lemon or vinegar of your choice
8. Pinch of sea salt
9. Dash of white pepper
10. One stalk spring onions/coriander, finely sliced
11. Two pieces vine or ripe tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
12. Few pieces of purple basil, roughly torn or mint of your choice (optional)
13. One teaspoon maple syrup/clear honey or sugar (optional)
Mix garlic, red wine vinegar, some mint/basil finely sliced, olive oil, maple syrup/honey/sugar if used, chilli or chilli flakes, salt and white pepper. Whisk well, taste and adjust seasoning.
Toss all ingredients together lightly. Set aside at room temperature for at least twenty minutes before serving.
Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil or oil of your choice if necessary.
Garnish with basil leaves or mint leaves if used.
1. Delicious serves with grilled meat, fish or as is.
2. Kidney beans are great in this salad too.