Saturday, 2 August 2008
Recipe extracted from Women's Weekly Healthy Heart Cookbook.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Make 12 muffins
Per muffin 0.5g fat; 545KJ
1. Cooking-oil spray
2. One cup white self raising flour (150g)
3. One cup wholemeal self raising flour (160g)
4. 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (100g)
5. One cup fresh or frozen blueberries (150g)
6. Two egg-whites, beaten lightly
7. 1/3 cup prepared apple sauce (80ml)
8. 1/4 cup skim milk (180ml)
1. Lightly coat a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3 cup capacity) with cooking-oil spray.
2. Sift flours into a large bowl; stir in sugar and blueberries.
3. Stir in egg whites, sauce and milk until almost combined (do not over-mix); spoon into prepared pan.
4. Cook in a hot oven about 20 minutes or until cooked when tested.
Store: Muffins can be made a day ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature or frozen.