Monday, 4 August 2008
Prawns with Garlic
The best way of cooking prawns for HBH is shelled, de-veined and easy to eat.
1. Ten large fresh prawns, shelled and de-veined, washed and patted dry.
Mix one teaspoon of corn flour on prawns just before cooking.
2. One stalk of spring onion, sliced
3. Three or four cloves garlic, skinned but kept whole
4. Dash of sesame oil
1. In two tablespoons of oil, brown whole garlic cloves on medium heat, set aside.
2. Using the same pan, on medium heat, spread prawns out, give them a few seconds before flipping them over. Turn over to cook on all sides.
3. Add spring onions, browned garlic cloves and dash of sesame oil.
Mix well and serve immediately.
It takes less than two minutes to cook this dish. Do not overcook prawns.
1. I didn't add any seasonings as the prawns were very fresh. Enjoy their natural taste.
2. Freeze prawn shells and heads for future use.