Thursday 3 April 2008

Salmon Fish Head with Chinese Mustard And Tofu Soup















Couldn't believe it when I saw it on sale. Bought a pack in preparation to cook the above.
I love stir frying Chinese Mustard with abalone mushrooms too.

Nonetheless, was feeling teary when I prepared the salmon head earlier as I thought of mum. The fins are one of my favourite parts of the fish. I am going to reserve it to grill on another day.

Am feeling a tad lazy after a hearty lunch with the pan fried skate.

To be continued .......






I better pan fried the fish parts first before the tenant got home.






The cleaver we have is pathetic thus I am leaving the fish whole minus the fins and another fish head for another day. Yipppeeeeeeeeeee two more meals for other days.

....................

Wash and pat dry fish head. Season lightly with white pepper and salt.


Pan fry fish head in pot used for the soup. After the fish head had been turned over once, add in two slices of ginger, when they are golden brown, add in Chinese mustard and water, just enough to cover all ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer for at least one and a half hour with lid on. Do not be tempted to uncover lid during simmering. Just leave it alone. Adjust seasoning according to your taste. Garnish with fresh coriander and spring onions.

Soup is simmering now and I couldn't wait to enjoy it.
...............
A piece of fresh chilli (slit in the centre) was added during the last ten minutes of cooking .
The silken tofu added in during the last five minutes of cooking were left in big blocks lest they broke up into smaller pieces.
Extremely satisfied with the soup. The fish head was very fresh thus ginger wasn't necessary for the next lot.
I will still continue using ginger if purchased at the supermarket but the fish bought this morning was freshly prepared.







No comments: