Wednesday, 21 May 2008
Prawns and Avocado Salad
1. Six medium sized fresh prawns
2. One just ripened avocado
3. A packet of mixed salad or vegetables of your choice
4. Quarter of an onion, roughly sliced
5. A wedge of lemon
6. Enough water to cover prawns
1. In a pot, bring water to a rapid boil, add prawns, when water reboils, turn off the heat, and cover pot with a tight fitting lid. Remove from stove and set it aside for about one minute. Prawns will turn pink. Do not let prawns overcook.
2. Shell some prawns but leave some with tails/heads intact. De-vein prawns.
3. Slice avocado in half. Using a sharp knife, gently tap into the seed, then with a twisting action, and remove the stone. Squeeze or rub fruit gently with lemon juice or lemon wedge to prevent discolouring.
1. Two tablespoons of creamy horse radish sauce
2. One tablespoon of caramelised onion
3. Two tablespoon EVO
4. One tablespoon onion oil
5. Pinch of sea salt
6. Freshly ground mixed pepper
7. Juice from half a lemon
8. Half teaspoon honey
9. Half stalk of spring onion and few stalk of coriander including stem. Roughly sliced.
10. Chilli flakes - optional
11. Mix well, taste and adjust seasoning according to taste
1. Toss salad ingredients gently with the dressing first.
2. Add prawns and avocado and toss lightly.
3. Serve immediately
I have a few pots of different herbs and will add into the salad whenever it takes my fancy.