Monday 5 May 2008

Cheese on Toast with Balsamic Vinegar











At the check out counter in UK, the cashier enquired what was I going to do with the balsamic vinegar as I bought two bottles to bring home with me to Spain.
Told her she was in luck as I had my camera with me. The other customer behind me was also very interested in learning. I scrolled to the photos and explained the steps taken to prepare a simple snack to be eaten at any time. Delicious and a delight to enjoy.

The smiles on their faces were priceless.

................
Make use of leftover bread.
Toast and butter bread.
Place cheese of your choice on toasted bread.
Pat dry fresh tomatoes slices before layering on top of cheese.

Grill on medium heat.
You may need to turn them around for even browning.
Once the cheese on the toast without the tomatoes are bubbling, squeeze some balsamic vinegar on toast and continue grilling for less than a minute.

Enjoy whilst it's hot.

No comments: