Sunday, 25 May 2008
Warm Potatoes with Gravlax
1. Half an onion cut into rings
2. Gravlax or smoked salmon
3. Creamy horse radish sauce
4. Canned or bottled New Potatoes, Jersey Royal New Potato
5. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6. Fresh ground pepper
7. Good quality sea salt
8. Fresh coriander and/or spring onions, roughly sliced
9. Juice from half a lemon and a wedge for serving separately (optional)
1. Slice fresh onions into rings. In a bowl, mix with sea salt, fresh lemon juice, freshly ground pepper, coriander, and spring onions (if using), mix well and set aside at room temperature.
2. Bring water to a boil, just enough to cover potatoes, add a pinch of salt. Boil potatoes for about seven minutes and drain on colander.
3. Add to dressing, mix well and adjust seasoning.
4. Serve with gravlax, creamy horse radish sauce and wedge of lemon on the side.
Would have liked to add capers but didn't have any.